UNDERGROUND CONTRACTOR LICENSE
Building Trades Education offers classes designed to help you pass the Underground Utilities License Exam.
At Building Trades Education, we have over a 95% success rate preparing people just like you to pass their Florida contractors examination.
Here is what you can expect after you register for the Underground Contractors Exam Prep course from BTES:
Focused trade classes; no mixing of unrelated trades.
Smaller class size to ensure that you receive personal attention.
- Participate from the comfort of your home or office with our virtual classes led by a live BTES instructor. Cost effective and convenient, our Virtual Classes will save on the expense and travel time of going to a live class.
Courses are intensive and in-depth. We make SURE you know your reference books and how to use them.
We show you how and where to tab/highlight your reference books.
- Learn simple ways to turn difficult math problems into easy to answer questions.
Up-to-date workbooks providing questions and answers that mirror prior exams so you gain experience practicing on realistic exam material.
Who teaches the class? Our instructors know the Florida Contractor exams inside and out. By taking the exams themselves, our instructors have an edge that we pass onto you. You will never hear any outdated information, or learn test-taking methods that don’t work. By taking our course, you give yourself the best chance to learn and pass your Contractors exams.
Over 50% of applicants who take contractors exams fail on their first attempt. When you are sitting in the test center taking your exams you will quickly realize that it is NOT a measure of your trade skills and field experience. Those who venture in unprepared are surprised to find that it IS indeed a measure of your ability to find and interpret textbook information and NOT your trade knowledge. BTES students have over a 95% pass rate AND a “No Pass – No Pay” Guarantee.
An Underground Utility and Excavation Contractor means a contractor whose services are limited to the construction, installation, and repair of:
- main sanitary sewer collection systems
- main water distribution systems
- storm sewer collection systems
- the continuation of utility lines from the main systems to a point of termination up to and including the meter location for the individual occupancy, sewer collection
- systems at property line on residential or single-occupancy commercial properties, or on multi-occupancy properties at manhole or wye lateral extended to an invert
- elevation as engineered to accommodate future building sewers, water distribution systems, or storm sewer collection systems at storm sewer structures
- install empty underground conduits in rights-of-way, easements, platted rights-of-way in new site development, and sleeves for parking lot crossings no smaller than 2 inches in diameter, provided that each conduit systems installed is designed by a licensed professional engineer or an authorized employee of municipality, county, or public utility and that the installation of any such conduit does not include installation of any conductor wiring or connection to an energized electrical system
You can depend on Building Trades Education Services to give you everything you need to successfully maintain and renew your State License. For further information, or to register for a class call 800.832.2496, or use the BTES contact form and we will get right back to you.