SPECIALTY STRUCTURE CONTRACTOR LICENSE
Even after years of on-site field experience, tradespeople must still take the state mandated Florida Specialty Structures licensing exam. This crucial and necessary step is seen as difficult by many because of the math-intensive nature of the Florida Specialty Structures licensing exam. However, when you ask one of the contractors who chose Building Trades Education Services as their licensing exam prep, you’ll discover proven ways to take this contractor exam. Trade knowledge ranks very low in what’s necessary for you to pass this exam. Finding obscure information in obscure locations within reference manuals is a favorite tactic of test preparers and administrators. It’s not what you know but where IT is in a book that wins on test day!
For over 40 years, the BTES instructors have given tradesmen the test-taking skills they needed to pass the Florida Specialty Structures contractors licensing exam. Our exam prep course has proven to the difference for new and old contractors alike, throughout the State of Florida.
Here is what you can expect after you register for the 4 day (2 days trade / 2 days business) Specialty Structure Contractors Exam Prep course from BTES:
Focused trade classes; no mixing of unrelated trades.
Smaller class size to ensure that you receive personal attention.
- Participate from the comfort of your home or office with our virtual classes led by a live BTES instructor. Cost effective and convenient, our Virtual Classes will save on the expense and travel time of going to a live class.
Courses are intensive and in-depth. We make SURE you know your reference books and how to use them.
We show you how and where to tab/highlight your reference books.
- Learn simple ways to turn difficult math problems into easy to answer questions.
Up-to-date workbooks providing questions and answers that mirror prior exams so you gain experience practicing on realistic exam material.
Who teaches the class? Our instructors know the Florida Contractor exams inside and out. By taking the exams themselves, our instructors have an edge that we pass onto you. You will never hear any outdated information, or learn test-taking methods that don’t work. By taking our course, you give yourself the best chance to learn and pass your Contractors exams.
FACTS TO KNOW:
A Specialty Structure Contractor is a contractor whose services are limited to the execution of contracts requiring the experience, knowledge and skill necessary for the fabrication, assembling, handling, erection, installation, replacement, dismantling, adjustment, alteration, repair, servicing and design work when not prohibited by law, in accordance with accepted engineering data and/or according to manufacturers specifications in the aluminum, metal, canvas, vinyl and fiberglass screening, doors and windows, hurricane protection devices and allied construction materials. The scope of such work includes and is limited to:
- fabric coverings on metal substructures, screened porches, screened enclosures, pool enclosures, preformed panel-post and beam roofs, manufactured housing roof-overs, vinyl or acrylic panel window enclosures, guardrails, handrails, aluminum and vinyl fences
- the installation or replacement of windstorm protective devices, single story self-contained aluminum utility storage structures (not to exceed 720 sq. ft.), residential glass window and door enclosures, sunrooms, siding, soffit, fascia and gutters.
- wood work incidental to the aluminum and allied materials construction work.
- construction of wood framing for the walls of uninhabitable utility storage structures, raised wood decks for enclosures, and the repair and/or replacement of wood incidental to the installation of glass windows and doors, installation of siding, soffit, fascia, gutters and preformed panel-post and beam roofs.
You can depend on Building Trades Education Services to give you everything you need to successfully maintain and renew your State License. For further information, or to register for a class call 800.832.2496, or use the BTES contact form and we will get right back to you.